Developing websites and other multimedia products is unique. Even though it is similar to movie production and software development, there are certain issues that must be addressed in a Development Agreement.
Below is a checklist to guide you on the important matters that need to be address prior to entering into a Development Agreement:
- Who are the parties?
- Have all the details regarding what is being developed been agreed to?
- When is delivery of the materials scheduled?
- Is there any intellectual property issues that need to be addressed, such as licensing?
- How is payment to made? At the end of the project or when certain milestones are reached?
- Who will own the intellectual property?
- Will the developer be involved in maintaining the work? If so, at what price?
Here is a free web Development Agreement you can use for your business.
Multimedia Development Contract Template