Do you have that entrepreneurial drive? It takes more than a great idea to start a new business and keep it running. Unfortunately, entrepreneurs and business owners are often confused about the legal aspects involved in running a business. Below is a list of 23 legal issue’s for both start-ups and businesses that should be discussed with an attorney.
1. Select Entity type: Sole proprietorship, Partnership, S or LLC?
2. Incorporation of your business;
3. Create Articles of Incorporation;
4. Create Bylaw’s;
5. Create a Shareholder’s or Membership Agreement;
6. Create an Employment Agreement;
7. Check for Trademark issues, protect intellectual capital;
8. Create a Buy-Sell Agreement;
9. Draft an Independent Contractor Agreement;
10. Non-disclosure Agreement;
11. A Sample Convertible Note;
12. Board of Advisor Agreement;
13. Purchase/Service Agreements;
14. Term and Conditions;
15. Draft an Employee Handbook;
16. Draft a Non-Compete Agreement;
17. Check for any legal limitations or restrictions;
18. Create a Stock Option Plan and Equity Based Compensation;
19. Looking for Venture Capital, you may need a Term Sheet.
20. Create a Client Contract or Fee Agreement.
21. Technology Assignment Agreement;
22. Invention Assignment Agreement;
23. Review any Leases